McGee & Oxford, LLP is a full service law firm with years of experience and success. Since Clifford Oxford first “hung his shingle” in Atlanta in 1947 our attorneys’ commitment and dedication to their clients have resulted in a renowned reputation within the Atlanta area. Our lawyers have a broad range of experience and can assist clients with multiple needs. Our experience includes general practice, business law, civil litigation including arbitration, commercial, residential and second home community real estate, alternative dispute resolution, wills, probate and administration of estates.
McGee & Oxford, LLP’s accomplishments result from the skill and professionalism displayed by each member. The firm prides itself on our commitment to excellence and our dedication to our clients’ interests. Litigators in the firm have achieved successful results in cases through arbitration, mediation and maximum advocacy at trial and appeal in both federal and state courts. Our transactional practice includes sophisticated representation of corporations, partnerships, LLCs and individuals in most civil practice areas. Our attorneys have an active commercial and residential real estate practice that includes purchase, sale, exchanges, sales and lease-backs, and Landlord Tenant representation.
People and companies trust and refer McGee & Oxford because our lawyers are:
- Accomplished — We are focused on achieving successful results and have done so in each area of law in which we practice. This includes winning in litigation, closing sophisticated transactions and providing creative advice to protect clients’ assets. Our knowledgeable attorneys and staff are committed to finding solutions where others cannot.
- Responsive — Attorneys have a responsibility to communicate freely with their clients so that they understand the facts and law pertaining to their case. We return calls and messages promptly so that you are never left wondering what is happening in your matter or what particular action was taken.
- Respected — Our firm’s roots date back to the founding of Clifford Oxford’s practice in 1947. Though we have earned the trust of clients, colleagues and courts over decades, we continue to build and develop our legal acumen. Each of our attorneys has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of their legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with their work.
No matter what type of issue you bring to us, you can trust us to assist you with thorough professionalism and great care.
PRIMARY PRACTICE AREAS
The attorneys at McGee & Oxford have extensive experience in legal areas including:
- Civil litigation — For any type of civil litigation matter, we can deliver strong advocacy and a prompt assessment of how your case might proceed.
- Real estate — In real estate transactions and disputes, our lawyers understand the relevant law and the local landscape for residential, commercial and agricultural property.
- Business law — Our lawyers provide comprehensive business law advice to companies of all sizes as well as individuals. For disputes, transactions, or assistance with documents and operations, we have solutions that can help your company succeed.
- Estate and transfer tax planning — We assess each client’s individual situation and customize recommendations based upon a variety of factors. For additional information see our estate and transfer tax planning page. To arrive at recommendations, which can be simple or sophisticated, we review the client’s personal, family and financial circumstances, net worth, composition and ownership of assets, beneficiary designations, and any wills, trusts, and related documents that are currently in place. In making recommendations and preparing documents relating to estate planning and wealth preservation, we consider and discuss the impact of applicable laws that bear on estate, gift, income and generation skipping taxes. By taking the time to fully assess each client’s situation and desires communicated to us, our experienced lawyers endeavor to recommend an understandable plan that is an appropriate “fit” for each individual.
- Wills, trusts and estates — To help protect your property and pass it to your loved ones, McGee & Oxford’s estate planning and estate administration attorneys can collaborate with you on an effective program.
- Alternative dispute resolution — Firm attorneys understand the special skills and tactics required in the various methods of alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation and arbitration.
If you have a legal concern but are not sure whether it falls within our expertise, we will be glad to answer any questions you have.
We encourage you to navigate our website to learn about the expertise of our lawyers and to see how McGee & Oxford, LLP can be of service to you. After you have learned what we can do for you, contact one of our lawyers about your legal needs by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on this website.
McGee & Oxford, LLP
5855 Sandy Springs Circle, Suite 300
Atlanta, Georgia 30328-4834
Jasper, Georgia office:
105 N. Main St. Suite 3
Jasper, Georgia 30143